Sunday, May 18, 2008

Shinjuku

Is awesome.

Saturday was "wander around until we find cool crap" day, and I deem it successful, and am convinced that Shinjuku is pretty much filled with it. We went to a bitchin' arcade (there are tons of them around.. I think I'll do an entirely separate blogpost about them lol oh wait, Michael did, just below me herpaderpderp.) and ate amazing ramen (and I hope we go back there because it was so delicious ;0;) and generally milled about in awe at how nice everything is here. Went into a bunch of random shops touting about dvds and videogames, etc. We discovered HALC, which I'm sure Michael will describe in one of his posts. It's like a department store/grocery store/fancy snacks store... it's hard to describe HALC.

Here are some Shinjuku pics, not including HALC.





(This was the local movie theater which was showing, believe it or not, NEXT and The Mist (but also Cloverfield) I guess they get our crappy movies months and months after we release them.




Even the McDonalds (well, at least the one next to our hotel) are cooler in Japan than in America... as proven by these "i'm taking this picture while walking" pictures:

The perky girl outside would wish you welcome and offer you coffee.


Now onto the Engrish/SWEET ZOMBIE JESUS THAT'S AWESOME Pix of the day:

"I want my business to stand out. I want a fucking 3-D alien on my building... no! Make that a demon alien! --Wait! A bio-mechanical demon alien! Muscular! Chest ripped open! Showing off his organs and clockwork and motherboards with the pride that is characteristic of a muscular bio-mechanical demon alien! ... Eh... this isn't enough.... this needs a..... crotch-grab! This needs a manly crotch-grab! Fuck yeah! We'll be the most popular karaoke bar in Shinjuku!!"





So delicious, it transcends meat and becomes a part of speech.
(it occurred to me later that this and at least one other establishment believed "superlative" meant "better than very good," as evidenced by a menu, claiming they served "good tea" "very good tea" and "superlative tea.")


And if you think that was delicious, you should try:

Lucky for us, Americans are used to this in our meat already.


In case you were wondering where the Kim Jong Il brand Pompadours are, they're left.



Watashi wa Rejendo des. ^3^



I dunno, man. Just look at that scrote.



This is what Japan actually believes Americans are like.


No comments: